Tuesday 28 May 2013

Huntress - I Want To Fuck You To Death

 HUNTRESS are back with the follow up to their buzzworthy debut album Spell Eater, which was released in 2012.  The album entitled Starbound Beast will be released on July 1st via Napalm Records.  The band recorded the album at Hobby Shop Studios in Los Angeles, CA, working with famed producer Zeuss (Shadows Fall, Hatebreed, Agnostic Front).  The artwork for Starbound Beast was created once again by Vance Kelly (Slayer, Ghost B.C., Mastodon).

HUNTRESS has unveiled the first song from Starbound Beast.  The track entitled “I Want to Fuck You to Death” was co-written for singer Jill Janus by legendary Motorhead frontman Lemmy Kilmister. Frontwoman Jill Janus spoke about the collaboration: "I met Lemmy through my former band Chelsea Girls. We'd play hard rock and metal covers featuring guest celebrities. Lemmy was already friends with the girls, so he played "Ace of Spades" with us and it blew my mind. We stayed in touch and would meet up at The Rainbow for drinks. So I asked him a few months back over Jack & Cokes if he'd write lyrics for a Huntress song and he said 'Sure'. A few weeks later, I met him at the studio during Motorhead recording sessions. Lemmy handed me two two pieces of notebook paper with the lyrics for 'I Want to Fuck You to Death'. I am beyond honored. To me, this is a love song. It is the most romantic song I've ever heard."

Motorhead frontman Lemmy Kilmister also spoke of the collaboration: “The first time I heard Jill’s voice with Chelsea Girls, it was phenomenal. I wrote these lyrics from her point of view, the Huntress. ‘I Want to Fuck You to Death’ was inspired by her, written for her. I’ve always had a soft spot for her. And a hard spot too…



No comments: